If you are looking to experience the atmosphere & nightlife that Sydney is famous for, then you will be in the heart of it all at D*Lux
30 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, NSW 2011
We are only 5 minute walk from city -King`s Cross one of Australia’s most popular destinations for backpackers and Sydney’s most colourful district.
Kings Cross, locally known as ‘The Cross’, is famous for its atmosphere which is big on nightlife, dining & colourful characters. The hit TV show Underbelly: The Golden Mile was set & filmed in the Cross and the area is a magnet for both tourists and locals all year round.
How to find us
PUBLIC TRANSPORT (from the city)
Bus - The 311 bus takes you from outside Central Station to King’s Cross – get the bus from the Eddy Avenue exit of Central Station
Train – Take the train from Central Station (platform 24). We are 2 minutes walk from Kings Cross station, near the fountain end of Darlinghurst Road, next to the Empire Hotel.
If you are staying 7 nights or more in our hostels, we will provide a FREE shuttle bus from the airport to our hostel.
From International Airport
Please call us when you have collected your luggage, cleared Customs & are ready to depart from the airport.
The shuttle bus driver will meet you inside the terminal at the Meeting Point between arrivals gates B and C (please only go with ‘Sydney Shuttle’, otherwise you will be charged)*.
From Domestic Airport
Please call us when you have collected your luggage & are ready to depart from the airport – please remember to advise us which airline you have flown with.
The shuttle bus drive will meet you inside the terminal at luggage carousel #5 (please only go with ‘Sydney Shuttle’, otherwise you will be charged).
* If you are staying 7 nights or more in our hostels, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY THE DRIVER – we will give them a ticket when they drop you off at the hostel – ‘Sydney Shuttle’ only. If you are staying less than 7 nights, you are still welcome to use the shuttle, but you will need to pay for it.
Our hostels are ideally located with everything you need close by:
- A huge range of different shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants on our doorstep
- 2 minutes walk from train and bus services where you can travel throughout Sydney quickly and cheaply
- Supermarkets & banks - 5 minutes walk
- Sydney City Centre & CBD - 15 minutes walk
- Oxford Street and its pubs, clubs and gay scene - 15 minutes walk
- Botanical Gardens & the Opera House – 20 minutes walk
- Bondi Beach – 15 minute train / bus ride